Our Mission is to provide learning and leadership opportunities for the youth of Rock County
History of the Rock County 4-H Fair
In 1920, four county-wide 4-H Clubs were formed as corn, dairy calf, sheep and baby beef clubs.
In 1928, the 4-H Club movement was the largest in the State of Wisconsin. Township clubs were formed with over 700 (rural only) boys and girls. In 1930, the Rock County 4-H Fair was established on part of what is now the present fairgrounds site.
The Rock County 4-H Fair was the first 4-H Fair in the United States and remains the largest youth fair to this day.
The Rock County 4-H Fair is a non-profit association. The Board of Directors consists of four officers and 9 directors. Three new directors are elected each year by the membership for a three year term. The Board of Directors are responsible for the operation of the Rock County 4-H Fair.
The association has two year-round employees, one full time and one part time.
The fairgrounds is owned, operated and maintained by the County of Rock. The Fair Association is given use of the grounds for the month of July each year for the purpose of operating a youth fair.